At last, the time has come! It’s time to start packing up winter jackets and boots to make room for baseball caps and sandals. As can be expected, the process of spring cleaning is a lengthy one as we try to take on the many tasks and chores we put off in the winter months. I can find myself getting overwhelmed by the notion of spring cleaning as it implies taking time out of my already busy schedule. However, I have found if you break it down into smaller tasks, room by room, it can make your life a whole lot easier!
Here is a list of spring cleaning ideas to help inspire you!
- Tackling “The Chair”. We all have one. From semi-dirty laundry to unorganized craft supplies, the chair has been there for you, but over time has become overcluttered and unusable. Give the chair some love and clean it up! For some inspiration on transforming your chair
- space, check out this article.
- Disinfecting the house. Now more than ever, you should focus on disinfecting the common surfaces of your home to eliminate the spread of germs. Bleach and Rubbing Alcohol (+70%) are powerful disinfectants! To learn more about protocols you can take to stay germ-free at home visit the World Health Organization website.
- Wash your bedsheets. Who doesn’t love sleeping in clean sheets?
- Organize the pantry. From granola bars to pasta sauces, try to organize your pantry space to be the most functional for your lifestyle. Need some guidance on where to start? Check out this article by Good Housekeeping Mag!
- Removing cobwebs and dust. You finally have an excuse to use the long hose extension on your vacuum! Check all the corners throughout the inside of your home.
- Scrub the toilet. No explanation needed.